To be eligible for an Australian student visa, all prospective international students are required to apply for and be accepted into a registered course, or part of a registered course, by a registered Australian education provider. IIBIT is a registered provider under Australian Government legislation (Registered Provider Number 01917B).
Prospective students should complete the relevant International Student Application Form, attach the required documents and return the form to the IIBIT’s International Student Office by the relevant closing date.
[Click Here] to download the Application Form for the courses at IIBIT.
Information provided may be made available to Commonwealth and State agencies and the Fund Manager of ESOS Assurance Fund, pursuant to obligations under the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code.
Contact Address for Applications
All international students applications must be sent direct to the following address:
International Institute of Business and Information Technology
Level G, 841 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: +61 (2) 9269 0077
Fax: +61 (2) 9269 0097
Your application is based on the results of your secondary, tertiary or other accredited academic qualifications. IIBIT may also take into account relevant work experience and your motivation to study.
If students’ language proficiency does not meet the requirement of the course they have enrolled an alternative course will be offered.
IIBIT Accepts students under the age of 18. Conditions apply.
English requirements for vocational courses
Certificate I to III
All students must be aged 18 or above and have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 11 or overseas equivalent school qualifications.
Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma
All students must be aged 18 or above and have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent school qualifications
Students must also meet IIBIT’s standards for English Proficiency. In order to demonstrate possession of adequate English language proficiency, students must provide valid evidence of attainment of at least one of the following:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall band score: 5.5
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based test) test score band:46
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) test score band: 42
- CAE (Cambridge English Advanced) test score band: 47
- OET (Occupational English Test) test score band: Pass
- TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-Based Test) test score band: 527
- An overseas student who has studied in Australia for at least 12 months will be deemed to have required level of language proficiency provided the application is accompanied by proof that he/she has duly completed Certificate IV.
- Overseas students who are unable to meet any of the above English language proficiency requirements may undertake further study on a NEAS-approved course of English for Academic Purposes designed to raise students English proficiency to an equivalent level to IELTS 5.5. Production of proof of successful completion of such a course will be accepted by IIBIT as meeting the English language proficiency admission requirement.