Student Counselling

IIBIT provides counselling advice. IIBIT staff will be able to assist students adapt to their new environment and help with career development and opportunities. Students with personal or legal problems should see student services, who will be able to assist or refer the student to the college counsellor.Lecturers are available to assist students with learning difficulties.

Academic Transcripts

An Academic Transcript is a record of a student’s results for the duration of the student’s enrolment at IIBIT. Students who have successfully completed a qualification will be issued with a transcript with all units of competency they have completed. They will also receive a certificate stating the qualification that they have attained.

Students who do not successfully complete a qualification will be issued with only a statement of attainment, listing the units of competency that they have attained. Students who wish to obtain an interim transcript please contact student administration office.

Amending Your Enrolment Details:

Enrolment Amendment (adding or deleting unit/s)

Students who wish to add or delete unit/s of study are required to complete an enrolment amendment form and lodge it at the student administration office before the census date of the relevant term. The form must be signed by the relevant course co-ordinator or head authorising the change to their enrolment prior to lodging the form with student administration office.


Forms for document request are available at Student Administration desk. Different document requests take different amount of time as follows.

  • Enrolment letter, Academic Transcripts, Graduation Certificate, Attendance Certificate, Completion letter will take at least 3 - 5 working days. Please ask for document request from.

Change of Personal Details:

  • You must notify IIBIT of any change to your contact details within 7 days of the change as required by DIBP and stated in your visa conditions.
  • All official information concerning you will be sent to the notified address by both IIBIT and DIBP. Hence it is imperative for students to keep their contact details up to date to avoid missing important information.
  • Students who do not update their contact details in time may get their student visa’s cancelled.

Student ID Cards

All students are required to carry their student ID card at all time while on college premises so that college management can easily identify.

  • This will help the college management to maintain a safe environment to all the students. Students who cannot produce their student ID cards may be
  • Denied access to classes
  • Denied access to computer labs
  • Denied access to enter in to the college premises

Students who lose their student ID cards must have them replaced. An administrative charge will be charged.

Printing and Photocopying

There is a student printer and photocopier at the student Resource room. Students need to have Student ID card to avail this facilities. For Student Photo ID Card see Student administration.  Printing and photocopying guidelines can be obtained from Student administration.


All students who enrol in IIBIT are advised and encouraged to arrange their holidays during the college term or semester breaks which are listed in the academic calendar.

IIBIT will not grant any holiday leave during the academic terms. Only special leave on compassionate and compelling circumstances may be considered for approval by the Academic Coordinator or Campus Manager.

Students must submit evidence to show they are experiencing compassionate and compelling circumstances. The evidence is reviewed by IIBIT in decision making process.

Compassionate or compelling circumstances are generally those beyond the control of the student and they have an impact on the student’s capacity and ability to progress though course. This could include:

  • bereavement of close family members such as parents or grandparents ( where a possible death certificate should be provided)
  • Serious illness or injury , where a medical certificate states that the student was unable to attend classes
  • Natural disaster or political upheaval in the home country requiring their emergency travel and this has impacted on their studies
  • A traumatic experience which could include but in not limited to;

a. involvement in or witnessing of an accident or

b. a crime committed against the student or

c. the student has been a witness to a crime ( need to have supported documents form police or psychologists)

Sick Leave

  • If you are sick you MUST provide medical certificates from a registered medical practitioner
  • If you are sick for an extended period of time you must notify IIBIT immediately
  • In all cases where a student is absent without approval or seeks retrospective approval for an absence, IIBIT will record the student’s actual attendance. If this is below 80% they will be reported to the DIBP for non-attendance. This applies to all absences even where medical certificates are provided. DIBP will take into account any medical certificate when making a decision.

The student must keep the original certificate to provide to DIBP when required. The college maintains copies of the certificates

Note: Medicals are not inclusive of your attendance

Leave Application Procedure

  • Complete application form and attach copies of all supporting documentation
  • Lodge form at Student Administration office
  • Two working days must be allowed for processing of the application and obtaining approval from Academic Coordinator/campus manager
  • Students should check with student administration officer to find out if the application was successful
  • If the application is approved/not approved, you will be marked absent for any leave taken
  • Leave is approved only on compassionate and compelling circumstances. IIBIT will notify DIBP via "PRISMS". IIBIT will include reasons for the leave, for how long the leave has been granted and details of the medical or other evidence acceptable to DIBP. You must provide a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner.

Additional Administrative Fees

The following administrative fees and charges will apply from 30th July 2012:



Change of course


Late Enrolment or Deferment


Re-sit an Assessment due to plagiarism


Re-sit or re-submit a Theory Assessment


Re-sit ELICOS Assessment


Document Request:

Awards/Statement of Attainment/Academic Transcripts/Completion Letter/Attendance Letter

$ 20 per document. One copy only of these documents is free of charge when you complete or withdraw from a course.

Withdrawing later than the fee due date

Any outstanding Term fee

Re-enrol with a new COE after being reported/withdrawn


Application of RPL (Recognition of prior learning)

$50 processing fee.

Re-issue Student ID card


Late tuition fee

$100 per each Month